The Norwood Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church was created on July 17, 1955 under the name Perry Boulevard Baptist Church. The founding pastor was Rev. Ralph Frank Norwood. Under his leadership the church purchased the lot where the old church was located and built the first building in January 1957. In 1978 the church continued to grow and the old building was demolished and a new one constructed with plans for a fellowship hall. However on November 9, 1980 a fire struck and burned the church down; but with the determination of the congregation and help from Christian organizations such as: the Baptist Minister’s Union, New Era State Convention of Georgia, and the General Missionary Baptist Convention of Georgia the sanctuary was reconstructed. In 1983 the Perry Boulevard Baptist Church became debt free, and the members place Pastor Norwood on a salary. In 1985 the members met and agreed unanimously on three recommendations: a) The name of the church will be changed to Norwood Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church in honor of Pastor Norwood; b) Rev. Norwood would be named Senior Pastor and Rev. R.L. Glover was to be named Junior Pastor; and c) If Pastor Norwood were to become too ill to serve, retire or pass away then Junior Pastor Glover would be named Senior Pastor of Norwood Tabernacle. On March 12, 1986 the Lord called Pastor Norwood home, and Rev. R. L. Glover became Pastor. Since 1986 Pastor Glover has helped the church grow: spiritually, financially and in membership. Pastor Glover has strengthened the church’s relationship with its neighbors through Out Reach Ministry such as: a feeding ministry, and adopting a family for Christmas through the Department of Family and Children’s Services. Pastor Glover has encouraged all members to increase their knowledge of the Bible with a Biblical Vitamin, Sunday School and two Bible Studies on Tuesday. Pastor Glover founded several ministries such as the: Armbearers, the Deaconess, and the T.H.U.G. Ministry (Youth Department). Norwood Tabernacle has been blessed to have only two Pastors in its 59 years of existence, both of whom love the church and its people and serve with warm, unselfish hearts.